Friday, September 20, 2013

31DC2013 Day 20 : Water Marbling < pastel waves >


One of the main reasons I decided to take up this 31 Day Challenge is to prod myself to try new things. Having to execute specific themes on a schedule really forces you to explore nail art techniques you wouldn't normally attempt.

I've been putting off trying Water Marbling for forever. There are so many cool water marbling experts out there but I've never been confident enough to try. Well, had to go for it. 

Here's the result:



Well, I'll say this, it at least resembles water marbling lol. My lines are wonky, the colour combination could be better and my finger placement definitely needs improvement but now I've ticked water marbling off my list of "To Tries".

I double dipped my pointer and middle finger which is why you see different tones. Not a good look. Oh well, you live and learn.

As with all things, once you've passed the first hurdle, things can only get easier. I've kinda gotten a slight feel of what sort of polishes will be better at marbling. I'm definitely going to attempt this nail art technique again in the future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment