Thursday, September 26, 2013

31DC2013 Day 25 : Inspired by Fashion < the LBD that started it all >


Oh, this was a tough one. For Day 25 of the 31 Day Challenge - Inspired by Fashion, I really had a hard time trying to figure out what could be associated with fashion that would translate well on nails.

In a pinch, I could have gone with the recreation of the logos of one of the big fashion houses, or that famous plaid Burberry textile. But I've seen those looks around quite a bit so I wanted to try something different.

So I was thinking, what was an iconic piece of fashion? Well, you don't get more iconic than Audrey Hepburn's look from the movie "Breakfast at Tiffany's", the look that launched a million LBDs (that's Little Black Dress if you're unaware).

In publicity posters for the movie, Hepburn is seen in a black sleeveless shift dress, with a mega multi-string of pearls and a loooong cigarette holder in her hand.

Here's my effort:


I would have redone my mani if I could have thought of something better to illustrate the theme. I realise that the woman on my nails looks nothing like Hepburn but I hope you at least recognise the famous pose.

The polish on my other fingers is Darling Diva Polish - Bulmarae Cave. This is a black jelly with magenta, blue and silver small hex glitter, and silver shimmer. As with all her polishes, the formula is a dream. No dragging and no glooping. However, the glitters in this polish are rather sparse and the shimmer did not show up well at all. So the overall look is rather dark and not very exciting. It is however, a nice accompaniment for my LBD with a little sparkle theme.




No comments:

Post a Comment