Monday, September 9, 2013

31DC2013 Day 7 : Black & White < a nightmare beckons >


So, I'm a little late to the party. A lot late actually!
I was travelling the first few days of the month and that threw me off, so this is my first official post for the 31 Days Challenge.

Qn:  What's Black and White and haunts your night?
Ans: Jack Skellington!

Jack Skellington is of course the main character from the Tim Burton movie 'The Nightmare Before Christmas', and his love interest in the movie is Sally, a rag doll.


This is the original inspiration for my Black & White nail art.


This picture shows Jack and Sally in silhouette and I believe the creator is Corpse-Boy from the Deviant Art site. So hauntingly romantic!



And here's my interpretation:




In keeping with the Black & White theme, I chose to accompany my nail art with a polish that has a gray base (black mixed with white, geddit? ;P) with black and white shards.  I used "Concrete Jungle" by The Polish Well


This is so amazing! It has a good jelly formula, with silver shimmer and definitely noticeable, but not in your face B&W shards. Love this polish to bits! There is one negative though. The bottle that the polish came in, has a really really really short brush, which makes life REALLY difficult. I kept mis-aiming the mouth of the bottle and getting polish all over the table. 



The Polish Well brush






Comparison with an OPI brush



See what I mean by the extremely short brush? If The Polish Well is able to get some new bottles in, this would be perfect!


I'm definitely going to try to make up for the challenges I missed. Subscribe to my blog posts so you don't miss any of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment